Five Things You Didn't Know About Me
Doug at Proactive Living tagged me with the challenge to list five things you wouldn't know about me:
- I've seen Metallica in concert...twice.
- Instead of renting a car or cabbing it in Los Angeles this weekend, I bought a bicycle and put 50 miles on it...also took some photos along the way.
- I raced competitive motocross (off-road motorcycles) for years, including events in arenas with 10,000 spectators watching...and won.
- I've never really liked pets -- and sadly, I've noticed that this makes it difficult for pet owners to like me.
- I have four active blogs (and several other lapsed ones): this one, my personal blog, my work/learning blog, and a song blog...all of which are in danger of lapsing. More if you count my Flickr photos or 43Things as other types of blogs.
And now for my five tags, selected not because I necessarily think they will take the challenge, but because they have consistently challenged me to think. The common thread -- great writers tackling difficult material and really living it...then sharing what they're learning:
- Penelope, the Brazen Careerist
- Christian at think:lab (and his inspiring list)
- Chris at Parking Lot (and his excellent reply)
- Shamash at Shamash Says... (with yet another fantastic glimpse into her past)
- Jill at Legacy Matters (and her amazing response)
Note: I didn't tag my Vancouverite blog-friend Brian, but I loved his response to the tag as well. As if we've both seen Metallica twice! I'm just glad I didn't get shot at either time.